If you are a parent who wants no less than the best for your kids, you will surely find ways to get them involved in activities resulting to holistic development. It is in doing this that parents are assured to find that their kids grow up well-rounded and equipped with the qualities and skills they will need to conquer everything that life throws at them. Among the many excellent choices for activities to involve kids would be Theater and Performance Art.
Why this actually works as a good idea to get your kids involved in is because of several positive reasons and here are some of them:
• The development of self-confidence – When it comes to this aspect in a child’s development, apart from the parents and the home, his or her environment plays a very significant role. So if your child is exposed to an environment where he or she may find appreciation, there is great possibility for the child to develop self-assurance and confidence. With Theater and Performance Art, no child will be treated as a misfit.
• Acquiring Discipline – To have discipline may not be as easy when it is a child we are talking about. Children even reach a certain age when they tend to question why they have to or why they need to do as the “rule” says. This is why involving your child in activities which teach them to follow instructions from mentors come really handy as they learn to be with the discipline they truly need to have.
• Having a deeper understanding on Responsibility – Even as kids, the term “responsibility” should be embraced. One needs to develop a sense of responsibility to himself and herself and the people around. Tasks should be taken as something which requires effort and Theater and Performance Art could be a great venue for teaching your child this.
• Being capable of working as part of a team – Apart from his or her own self, a child needs to consider working as part of a team. Because there are plays and performances that involve your child, through the process, he or she will learn that some tasks can only be successfully achieved through cooperating and being one with his or her team.
• Introduces a more artistic world – When we speak of a creative and artistic world, what we are most likely to consider better is none other than Theater and Performance Art. We do not live in a world that is limited to mere practicality. Art makes the world a more beautiful and pleasing place to be in and for your child to develop the talent and love for artistic expression is perhaps one of the major keys to bringing out his or her positive potential.
The Theater and Performance Art make great involvements for any child. Whether your child may not instantly show signs of potential, still there is much positive learning he or she is bound to get from joining one.
Here is a video to show you how kids can enjoy performing in the theater: